As a podiatrist, having a verruca turned out to be a valuable learning experience for me.
It allowed me to fully comprehend the effect it may have on my patients and give them more relevant information about their treatment options. In particular which treatments research has shown to be the best and most likely to work.
↓↓↓SCROLL DOWN TO FIND OUT HOW I GOT ON AND HAVE A LOOK AT THE PICTURES ↓↓↓
Here are some verruca facts you may not know:
- Verruca are warts found on the soles of the feet.
- There are several types, each with its own shape, size and texture.
- Verrucae are more common among children and adolescents, but adults are also affected.
- They are caused by a virus and are passed from person to person by direct contact.
- It is the hard skin that develops over the top and pressure due to walking that makes them painful.
- Children often develop immunity over time but in adults the body’s immune system doesn’t always recognise there is a verruca present. Meaning that they can persist for a long time and treatment is needed to get rid of them.
How can you tell if you have a verruca?
• It can look a bit like a cauliflower with black dots in the centre.
• You can test by pinching the skin either side if it is a verruca it will cause pain. Corns do not hurt if you pinch them; only pressing them causes pain.
Despite all the ways I tried to self-treat my Verruca it still persisted and was growing rapidly, the hard skin was getting thicker and it was causing me a lot of pain. Even walking became uncomfortable.
Then, my Podiatry colleagues suggested that I had my verruca treated at my workplace using SWIFT.
SWIFT is not a painless treatment but it does have one of the best success rates so by now I was keen to give it a try.
↓↓↓Below, you can see photos of my experience with SWIFT. I’m pleased to say that after treatment with SWIFT I am now Verruca free and have been able to get back to normal activity. Furthermore my feet look much better.↓↓↓
If your verruca is painful or you simply don’t like how it looks. Contact us and we’ll book you in for a FREE assessment.